- Geriatric massage therapy will decrease the stiffness and soreness that comes to us all as we age. If suffer from arthritis, diabetes or Parkinson disease, massage will improve lymphatic fluid circulation which will help to provide some relief.
You don’t need to feel your age!
- Geriatric massage helps senior citizens who suffer with isolation and restlessness. Our licensed massage therapist develop an emotional and physical bond in most cases that benefits many elderly patients.
- Massage therapy is particularly valuable for the aches and pains associated with growing older and with the rise in aging baby-boomers, massage therapists are learning massage techniques designed to help elderly patients.
You’ll Feel Younger and With More Energy
- Geriatric massage sessions usually last 30 minutes to an hour, but if the patient must remain in a wheelchair, the massage can take longer.
- Geriatric massage therapist usually spend more time on the hands and feet when the patient can’t walk or doesn’t have full use of their hands.
- Geriatric massage increases circulation and decreases stiff muscles, while decreasing inflammation in the joints.
- Call us at (727) 822-1555 with any questions about massage therapy in St Petersburg at the Rubin Health Clinic in St Petersburg Fl.