Your feet are the foundation of your body, supporting you when you stand and move; and they help protect your spine, bones and soft tissues from damaging stress. Your feet perform better, and your body is more balanced, when all their muscles, arches and bones are in their ideal stable positions.
Research shows that flat feet transmit stress to your ankles, knees, pelvis and ultimately your spine. Healthy feet have 3 arches. If there is compromise of one arch, the other 2 must compensate and are subject to additional stresses. These imbalances may occur even if you’re not experiencing foot pain. Though they may go unnoticed, they contribute to postural misalignments, pain throughout your body and fatigue.
Healthcare professionals know alleviating pain in one part of your body often requires treating a different part. The pain you feel in your neck could be caused by a misalignment in your spine that is caused by unbalanced positioning in your feet. Like a domino effect…
Postural Effects From Imbalances In The Feet:
- A loss of arch height will cause a flattening and rolling of the foot— this is called pronation. Because everything is connected, the bones of the leg also inwardly rotate.
- Excessive rotation of the bones of the leg will cause unnecessary stresses on the knee as well as twisting of the pelvis and spine.
- Tilting of the pelvis places tension on muscles and connective tissues, which can eventually lead to chronic back problems.
- Shock through the heel when walking can result from this breakdown of the body’s natural “shock absorbers.” The shock wave then transmits up the kinetic chain causing painful symptoms all the way up to the head and aggravation of other conditions.
See? It’s a chain reaction…
How Can We Bring Back Balance?
By stabilizing and balancing your feet, Foot Levelers enhance your body’s performance and efficiency, reduce pain and contribute to your total body wellness. They provide structural support, yet allow the foot to retain a full range of motion.
Our Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers are shoe inserts which support your feet, thereby creating a stable foundation upon which to build proper body posture. Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers have proven themselves time and again. Over the years, Foot Levelers have helped over a million people enjoy healthier and happier lives.
How They Work:
Wearing Stabilizers inside your shoes is similar to placing a shim beneath the leg of a wobbly table — it adds support to eliminate unwanted motion in the entire structure. Flexible Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers encourage optimal muscle and nerve function by guiding the feet through a more normal pattern with each step taken.
Your foot is formed of 3 distinct arches. The result of supporting these arches is improved stability and postural integrity.
Benefits Of Spinal Pelvic Stabilizers:
- Support the foot to control excessive and unwanted pronation and supination.
- Reduce unwanted stress on the body.
- Improved shock absorption reduces repetitive stress on joints and muscles.
- Decreased arthritic symptoms.
Orthotics Can Help More Than You Think
Use of Stabilizers in your shoes represents a long-term yet cost-effective intervention for many types of functional and structural problems:
- Chronic Neck Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Short Leg
- Shin Splints
- Ankle Pain
- Heel Spurs
- Foot Problems
- Sports Injuries and Performance
- And More
How Stabilizers Are Made:
The custom process begins as you stand on a foot analysis system. An electronic image of your feet is captured and sent electronically with your doctor’s instructions to a laboratory. Using 16 precise measurements, a custom built, posture-correcting stabilizer is created to meet your individual, specific postural needs. Your new Foot Levelers will be sent to Rubin Health Center, and we’ll show you how to wear and care for them.
Why Do We Use Foot Levelers?
- A variety of shoe styles are available for all activity levels
- Only Foot Levelers’ stabilizers provide support to all three arches of the foot.
- Foot Levelers’ custom made stabilizers help promote a healthy, natural, skeletal alignment for total body health.
- Your lifestyle, age, weight, activity level, and condition are all considered your stabilizers are custom-made.
Do You Need Stabilizers?
Take This Test To Find Out:
- Do you stand or walk on hard surfaces for more than 4 hours daily?
- Do you participate regularly in a sport?
- Are you age 40 or over?
- Have you had a prior knee injury, back injury or neck injury?
- Do your shoes wear unevenly?
- Do you have joint pain while standing, walking, or running?
- Is one of your legs shorter than the other?
- Do you have knock knees or bow legs?
- Do you have obvious foot problems (bunions, corns, flat feet, etc.)?
- Do you walk “toe out”?
Foot Levelers Testimonial
James is a 70-year-old diabetic who had foot and knee pain. He received soft, cushiony shoes through his doctor, covered by Medicare. Although they were inexpensive, they were not what his feet needed. A visit to us showed that his arches had dropped and he was over-pronated on one side. He purchased sandals with custom Foot Leveler stabilizers, and a pair of stabilizers for his other shoes. We also taught him some basic exercises to do in the pool with his eyes open and closed. Here’s what James thinks about his feet now:
James M. O.